Facial Micro-Needling TreatmentRegular price $129.95
What is Micro-Needling?
While there are several ways to smooth and tighten your skin, micro-needling is a non-surgical, minimally-invasive alternative that involves no harsh exfoliants or chemicals. Micro-needling utilizes Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) to not only create visible results on the outside but also to continue improving skin over time.
The Skinpen II is a motorized surgical instrument featuring 12 microscopic needles at the tip. When moved across treated areas, the needles create tiny punctures in the skin that extend below the surface, stimulating the body’s natural healing response.
As we age, the body produces less collagen and elastin – the proteins in the body that are responsible for maintaining the strength and tightness of skin. During CIT, the body renews production of collagen and elastin, improving superficial damage and visible signs of aging from the inside out.
What Does Micro-Needling Treat?
Micro-needling with the Skinpen II can improve multiple skin issues, such as:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Acne scarring and light general scarring
- Hyperpigmentation and skin discoloration
- Sun damage
Additionally, the Skinpen II offers several treatment benefits:
- Faster speeds, resulting in shorter treatment sessions that are easy to accommodate into busy schedules
- Each treatment tip is sterilized and designed for one-time use to reduce the risk of infection or complications
- Needle depths are adjustable for maximum treatment efficiency
- Micro-needling is a painless procedure with minimal discomfort akin to a light scratching sensation
- Skinpen II is lightweight and easy to hold and control, allowing for maximum comfort of the treatment provider
Although some patients report visible improvement immediately after treatment, the process of producing new collagen and elastin is gradual, and it may take several months for full results to be evident.
At Rejuva Aesthetics and Wellness Center, we also offer micro-needling with platelet-rich plasma for men and women who are interested in healing their damaged and aging skin using their body’s own natural resources.
Am I a Good Candidate for Micro-Needling with the Skinpen II?
During your consultation, our medical team will evaluate your skin type and individual condition to determine whether micro-needling is right for you. Individuals who have open skin infections may be advised to wait before receiving treatment, and those who are seeking more dramatic results may want to seek alternative options.
Micro-needling with the Skinpen II is safe for all skin types and most chronic conditions, but our medical team will let you know about all possible complications and side effects that apply to you during your consultation.